Follow FDIP @twitter
Volunteer For Sustainable Agriculture, Sustainable Development and Permaculture
Be a part of an unique approach of living close to nature with a traditional Nepali lifestyle. Enhance your research in Agriculture, Permaculture and Natural Resource Management. Share your skills to the communities of Nepal. Explore a typical Nepali village life away from the crowd of the city.
Experience this life changing activity away from the crowd of the city. Volunteer’s activities include:
- Generate knowledge base on sustainable agriculture, sustainable development, Permaculture and natural resource management
- Practice the promising tools and techniques of Permaculture in different localities to verify them
- Work with community for seed bank and nursery, farm designing
- Be a part of community activities to develop this village of Kavre as model eco-village
- Share your skills and knowledge with Farm and project designing
|Registration fee||US$ 175|
* Convert these fees in your currency From Here.
* Fees for the group volunteering will be decided by our project officer depending on the size and nature of group.
- Registration fee include
- Volunteer FDIP staff support
- Communication,marketing and web cost of FDIP
- Arrangement of host family or placement.
- Program fee include
- Airport pickup
- Orientation cost of volunteer
- Contribution to host family
- Food and accomodation
- Emergency support
- Program fee exclude
- Airfares and visa charge
- Travel Insurance
- Bevarages extra food and laundry
- Recreational activities
- Any other personal needs
- Daily transportations
Skills and Qualifications to Volunteer
No specific skill or qualification is required for this project. However students and professional from the Agriculture and Natural Resource Management backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applicants are appreciated if they are familiar or interested in natural and environmental issues.
1 day long orientation is held by our local staffs in Kathmandu. Volunteers are introduced to basic Nepali language and greets, meanwhile they are also informed about the custom, ritual, safety, travel guidance and all the dos and don'ts in the Nepali Society.
Your Week as a Volunteer
Arrival day: Arrive to Nepal, take rest
First day: On the first day you'll be briefed about the project and you will be moved to the project location by our field officer.
Weekdays: In weekdays volunteer will be solely engaged in project. Daily schedule will be as follows
Morning: Breakfast ( As provided by host family)
Day: Volunteer placement (with a break for Lunch)
Evening: Back to host family for dinner and rest
Weekends: Saturday is a week holiday in Nepal. Participants are free to explore the places around on their free day.
Food & Accommodation
Volunteers will be received at airport by our local staff. Volunteers are accommodated in our hostel for 2 days till the orientation. Volunteers are then accommodated at homestays.
You will be provided basic living standard with clean room, pure drinking water, hygienic food, bathroom and shower. Volunteers might share their room with other co-volunteers. Local meal in Nepal is Daal Bhaat, consisting of beans curry( daal),steamed rice(bhaat), vegetables, pickles and occassionally chicken or meat.
If you have any health issue and special dietary requirements please inform us while applying for the project. It will be tried to fulfill your all hygienic and nutritional requirement in meal but as a volunteer we will also be expecting some flexibility from you.
Get More Info Now »